NOTICE OF VACANT FULTON INDEPENDENT BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applicants to be considered for appointment to the Fulton Independent Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Fulton Independent Board of Education representing the district at large.
This vacancy was created by resignation.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190 (2), this appointment is effective until the end of the elected term.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Fulton Independent Public Schools.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old.
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years.
- A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the vacancy.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws.
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools.
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district.
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports.
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications must be postmarked by May 15, 2014
Application forms for this position are available from:
- Fulton Independent Board of Education office at 304 West State Line, Fulton, KY 42041.
- The Kentucky Department of Education, address below. Phone# 502-564-4474.
All applications must be mailed directly to:
Commissioner of Education
First Floor, Capital Plaza Tower
500 Mero Street
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.